Please follow this link to access information about how Greenwood Academies Trust is governed, including
- our memorandum of association
- our articles of association
- the names of our trustees and members.
Each Academy within the Greenwood Academies Trust has its own Academy Advisory Council (AAC). Danesholme Infant and Junior Academies have a joint AAC.
The Academy Advisory Council is a small group and has staff, parent and community representation. It is not, however, the same as a traditional governing body as it has no legal responsibilities. These responsibilities are held by the GAT Trust Board.
The Advisory Council has three key roles in terms of the development and success of the Academy:
- To advise and act as a critical friend to the Executive Principal and Head of the Academy and to advise the Trustees of the Greenwood Academy Trust about local issues they need to consider that affect the Academy.
- To represent the interests of the Academy community in the running of the Academy and to represent the Academy in its community.
- To provide support to the Executive Principal and Head of the Academy in undertaking appropriate day to day procedures that are essential to the life of the Academy, such as disciplinary and complaint procedures.
The members of the joint 2023-2024 Advisory Council are:
Community Members - two vacancies
Parent Members - Hazel Walkden, two vacancies
Staff Members - Charlie Bell, one vacancy
Executive Principal - Nikki Lamond
DJA Head of School - Karen Rolf
DIA Head of School - Carol May
Trust Education Director - Vicci Godbold
Clerk - Lisa Sable
To view Trust Governance arrangements, click here.